I just read your comment Viv, sorry but I haven't had steady internet connection for the last LONG weeks. It sometimes takes me over an hour just to open and read a few emails let alone reply, so the blog was out of the question.
Japan....ummm....Cold, beautiful with CHristmas decor. DOn't you just love cities at Christmas time? THey're gorgeous!!! All I do hear is teach all week and then on the weekends seek out a train station or two and hit all the starbucks for entertainment...okay that's not all I do. I did do the walk around the Imperial Palace...can't see the palace from anywhere on the walk, but there is a sidewalk and moat all the way around it. I also bought my build-a-bear a CHristmas dress...so cute. Now if only I had access to my elephant build-a-bear which is in the unfortunate position of being located in a box in storage in CA somewhere. Dave and SUsie gave her to me the last CHristmas I was with them....4 yrs ago? WHen you came to see me VIV, when was that?
Anyway...what else....tried to see the goths at Harajuko, but it was raining and they weren't there. Seriously, there are girls who dress like Little Bo Peep met madame Goth and stand on this bridge by the trainstation and people take pictures of them. I still have found out why they do this, but they where these really high platform type shoes too. I saw a number of them walking that last time I was down there, but they weren't at the photo op. place so no snaps. SOrry.
hmmm.....okay, I guess that's the wrap up. Oh! Aya, who was my Japanese aide at school...made me the sweetest little picture memory book of the kids on my last day and two of the boys made me cards. I can't believe how far those 2-3 yr olds came while I was there. It's cool to watch actually, though it is still not my age group of pref.
Ciao...
Monday, November 21, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment