So I just spent a fabulous 45 minutes reading one of my dearest friends blogs and enjoying every minute of it! So I decided to revisit this long lost forum. You see, Facebook has become my communication place and picture posting location and as it sends me emails to remind me that things are going on in it...I forgot about this one. However, Facebook has also reduced me to a one line, uncreative communicator, so here I am.
I'm happy to say that Bo has a teaching job only 35 minutes away instead of an hour and a half. He coached football in the Fall and the team made it to their first play-off game...which is awesome when you realize that the two previous years the team only won a total of two games.
The end of July brought us our first pet. Tiki the cockatiel is a member of our family. Bo adores him which is great because he wanted a cat more than a bird. He even came home from Walmart in December with a tiny stocking that was for Tiki. So fun!
I'm happy to say that Bo has a teaching job only 35 minutes away instead of an hour and a half. He coached football in the Fall and the team made it to their first play-off game...which is awesome when you realize that the two previous years the team only won a total of two games.
The end of July brought us our first pet. Tiki the cockatiel is a member of our family. Bo adores him which is great because he wanted a cat more than a bird. He even came home from Walmart in December with a tiny stocking that was for Tiki. So fun!
Tiki travels with us. We took him to Laurens, SC (Bo's hometown) for Thanksgiving and then with us to Gatlinburg, TN for his first hotel stay. He was really good and enjoyed being with us the whole time. Then for Christmas, he went with us to Arden, NC (my brother's) and on back to Laurens, SC.
Birds and cats are natural enemies. Dave and SUsie have a
cat...Pepper...she was kept seperate from Tiki, but at one point was let out and came walking across the floor beneath Tiki...he freaked out and got all nervous. He's never even seen a cat before to know that it would be a problem. Very interesting. Pepper didn't even notice him...she's old.
Last Summer, I was also able to spend two fabulous weeks with MK's who were coming to the USA for college. It was so much fun hanging out with a group of people just like me with international growing up experiences. God did a lot of healing in their lives too which was amazing to watch. I have the opportunity to do it again this Summer (unfortunately it's at CIU this time...same campus as my former boarding school)...so we'll see what the SUmmer looks like and if God leads me there.
I know this is long, but I have a year to catch you up on...not that anyone still bothers to see if I've graced this firum with my illustrious presence.
Last Summer, I was also able to spend two fabulous weeks with MK's who were coming to the USA for college. It was so much fun hanging out with a group of people just like me with international growing up experiences. God did a lot of healing in their lives too which was amazing to watch. I have the opportunity to do it again this Summer (unfortunately it's at CIU this time...same campus as my former boarding school)...so we'll see what the SUmmer looks like and if God leads me there.
I know this is long, but I have a year to catch you up on...not that anyone still bothers to see if I've graced this firum with my illustrious presence.
For Christmas we enjoyed spending the morning at my brother's watching my nephew open his presents and help his 4 1/2 month old sister open hers and help anyone else who would let him open theirs! We had a webcam set up so mom and dad got to watch the happenings from the comfort of their home in Washington State and we got to talk to them during the fun. It would have been better to have them here, but we are thankful for technology with all of its ability to help us share events.
Now school is back in session and I'm happy for the weekend and an unscheduled Saturday morning to catch up with you!
As far as resolutions go...I am working very hard to fit into the clothes I already have...then work to shrink out of them to fit into the smaller clothes I already have... One week down many to go. :-)
Much Love,
Heather
Now school is back in session and I'm happy for the weekend and an unscheduled Saturday morning to catch up with you!
As far as resolutions go...I am working very hard to fit into the clothes I already have...then work to shrink out of them to fit into the smaller clothes I already have... One week down many to go. :-)
Much Love,
Heather
2 comments:
I'm so glad you're back!!!
With facebook for pictures and updates, I've lost my readership for this because I forget about it.
Post a Comment