Sunday, January 29, 2006

Just got back from Missions Fest last night. I went up with my dad for the weekend. Missions fest is Vancouver Canada's Urbana. It was a good weekend. I got to hear the Watoto Children's Choir sing. It was a little piece of Uganda and I loved it! It was like being back in my African home. I miss it. We also heard some speakers share about their personal experience in the 10/40 window where they were from and have experienced persecution in horrific ways. One man was the same age as me and he was imprisoned 4 yrs ago and tortured just for his faith in Christ. The Word of God is living and Breathing and it is alive in the world no matter how much people try to pretend it doesn't apply to themselves, or that they aren't accountable for the poor choices they are making. The Word of God is straight forward and it doesn't leave room for "whatever works for me" philosophy. We are accountable and I pray will learn to care more about what is going on in the world.

God Bless everyone, He truly loves and cares deeply about each and everyone of you who reads this and wants to be in a close relationship with you.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey...I'm sorry I've fallen off the face of the planet. You did nothing and I am not mad. I've had a lot going on. I'll try to call you tonight to update you. I love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So, the postoffice called me and said that they had this package from december sitting there....yeah..I had no idea...so, I went to pick it up and it's bee-oo-ti-full!!! I love the candlestick holders. One of them was broken from shipping...but I think I can fix it. Anyway, thank you so much for the gift. I hate that you are such a great person. =) I love you girl and I'm sooo blessed to have you in my life.

joyfilledlife said...

Sorry the one was broken (it's soapstone). Glad you like them. Love you too!

Anonymous said...

sooo.....when are you going to post another blog? My job totally blocked "myspace.com" so I can't check up on that anymore.

I want to read blogs!!!!!


love you!

joyfilledlife said...

When are YOU going to write some more blogs??? SOrry it got blocked, you'll have to start one on this site. Waiting to hear about your life. (Did you know I am moving to NC in April?)