
I love the reminder this time of year of God's loving gift to us. Jesus is so much more to us than a little baby born in Bethlehem...He was born to be the intercessor for us with God and to die on the cross for our sins (those mistakes we make daily, intentionally and unintentionally). He is the only way we can have forgiveness over our sin nature. I'm so thankful for Him. I pray daily I can learn to be more like Him and focus on His business instead of my own agenda that falls so short of what He plans for me. My Christmas was good. It was just Mom, Dad and I. I got up early to beat my mom to the kitchen and made Aebelskivers (Danish pancake ting) for breakfast. It's a family favorite and every other roomate I've introduced it to favorite ;-). Then we opened presents and rushed off to church. Then Deer Harbor Inn( where I worked this summer) puts on a free Christmas dinner, so they asked mom to play the piano and dad and I helped out with tables, then we ate there. It was nice. Other than that, I'm currently listening to Casting Crowns. I am 8 pictures away from finishing my Uganda Scrapbook. I ran out of glue. :-( Now I'm not sure what to do with my left over pictures. Unfortunately I still have Japan to do.....keeps me busy I guess. I'm not complaining. Hopefully I'll have a lot of subbing to do when school starts up again next week. My mom has a cist behind her knee so has been in pain so is looking at surgery (no insurance) and dad has interviews next week since his current job ends on Friday. Dave has a principal at his church he's supposed to get me a phone number for. The principal told me to call him directly- it's a public school there in Union County where Dave is. So that's a possibility for the fall of next year. But Dave and Susie and Baby Carson (pending) are all doing great. Love you all! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! |
No comments:
Post a Comment