Hi...so this is my first blog and I may never remember to write in it again, so read up! I have now been in Tokyo for 3 weeks and it's growing on me a bit. Nice city, with cute small proportioned everything. There are a zillion bikes here, narrow cars, narrow streets (seriously! the street I'm currently looking at is US standard- 1 lane, but it's a 2-way street!). Things are outrageously priced and I see my savings idea dwindling to nothingness. This photo was in Ginza- Time Square of Tokyo and PRICEY! See the Kimono in the background? Meidi-Ya is an International store where you can buy US brands of some things.I bought a box of what I thought was lasagna noodles at a store and when I opened it today found it was a lasagna kit with everything included and two tiny little foil pans as well. It's interesting trying to figure out what is what when it's all in Japanese. There are some English translations on the buses and trains which is VERY handy. I found a church but can't go tonight because I have a very bad cough and that is just unpleasant for everyone around including myself.
The little preschoolers I'm teaching are sweet and I have fun with them. The 2-3 yr. olds I have for most of the day are limited in responsivness to English and Japanese, but we'll see how it goes.
Yesterday I watched the entire Pride and Prejudice saga.... and went in to Akabane to go to Starbucks (my treat for the week), but it was raining and probably not the best day to be out sick. Akabane is the nearest train station and it is a 25 minute bus ride away from where I live and work.
I think that's enough for now. Ciao'
5 comments:
Yay! You have to write every day! OK, maybe not every day, but often because I like reading your writing and it's neat to get your perspective on Japan! Woo hoo! Heather has a blog! :)
You look so good Heather! It's exciting that you can update us in this way. You are very daring and adventerous-a quality I admire! Stay well and safe. I look forward to more journal entries of your days in Japan.
that last blog comment was mine...I'm new to the blogs.
Wow, I guess you'll be starting your work day soon! Look at the time...:)
I thought you had fallen into some mudhole or something when I saw the word, blog...never heard of it before. But then there are many things that I have never heard of, especially when it comes to technology. I love the pictures, especially the bangs! :) Cute girl!The last time I saw you, we were relaxing on a deck on Orcas enjoying your experiences in Uganda and now you are Japan!
Post a Comment