First post of the New Year. I know, I know...I'm a slacker. However, I don't want to write about nothing. What am I going to write about today? What have I been learning?
Have you ever been telling someone something and you realize you are talking to yourself more than anyone? I have those moments a lot while teaching Bible to my 5th graders. God has lessons to teach me through what we're studying and it's fun to learn them together. Most recently, we were learning about the Israelites complaints in the desert and how despite God's amazing miracles, they still didn't get it. How many of us, if we really take a second to think about it, have amazing blessings in our lives? AND, how many of us still grumble and complain about things throughout each and every week? I know I do. We aren't so different from the Israelites.
When the big things we ask for in life don't seem to be coming to be...it's easy to think that God doesn't want to give you things that are good, or that you have to orchestrate it yourself. It takes a mind shift to realize and trust God to make it happen in His way. He can and He will, and He knows best....still hard sometimes to wrap my mind around in the midst of disappointments.
I am truly blessed and I am going to make an effort to remember it daily. A friend just sent me a great motto for 2008
"I'm too blessed to be stressed, and too anointed to be disappointed". AMEN!
Sunday, January 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment