Today was a kick back day. I hung out with Carson for 3 hrs while he slept and Susie got stuff done. Tonight we went to church for a Sater (sp?) meal. I had never heard of it before, but it's to celebrate the last supper. Anyway, a Jew who believes in Jesus, was there and took us through the different traditions of the meal and explained the significance to each part. It was cool. Then everyone ate Lamb, hard boiled eggs and apple walnut salad. I didn't eat lamb, but that's because I don't like it. Of course if my brother was writing this, he would launch into the story of how I was traumatized on the 3rd grade desert campout when the Saudi bus drivers slaughtered the goat (that had ridden to the desert on my classes bus) for their dinner. I didn't watch that process personally and I never liked lamb, so apart from that experience, I still don't like lamb! Enough said. However, the significance of the Lamb of God (Jesus Christ) is very meaningful to me. He was sacrificed in our place so we can have forgivness of sins. I so don't deserve it, but am so grateful!
Love you all!
Thursday, April 13, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
all in all....funny story about the trauma of the goat....but you do realize that Lamb and goat are two totally different things....so...tell your brother that it's okay....you just never liked lamb...=)
you crack me up. I've never heard of that meal either...glad you had fun though..
I do realize they are different, but both are not tasty to me. It may have been a lamb on our bus...not quite sure, it was a long itme ago.
Post a Comment